Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Girls Love Younce

Beyonce's surprise visual album shocked the world with its Friday the 13th midnight release. Being the trendsetter she is, Beyonce released the first "visual album" with 14 songs and 17 videos. Leaving her fans and competitors amazed by the level of creativity and privacy she was able to do with her latest self titled. Possibly one of her biggest projects to date, Beyonce was able to achieve the unachievable, no leaks and no press stumps, but an online [only] #1 album.

I love everything about this new visual album because I'm a little ratchet...highly educated..but ratchet. But to be frank..I was getting bored with Beyonce's work *Ekkk!!!!* DON'T SHOOT ME!! I know your thinking how could I say such a thing? Well because Beyonce said it too! lol. Nevertheless, I must say I love the artistic view she gives in each song/video. With that said, Beyonce recently produced a mini documentary self-titled on YouTube. In the 5 part series, she walks the viewer through the process of recording 80 songs and narrowing it down to the 14 we have today. She also talks about the pressure she felt to be responsible for a much younger audience, and how it held her back creatively. But through this process she ultimately overcame her fear of backlash in order to show a new side...thus, the birth of Yonce!

Comment below and tell me what you think of the series
Below is the link to Part 1 of the series on YouTube:

No comments:

Post a Comment